Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

due to rights agreements, we cannot offer Air-Play - BUG

Hello there,

I purchased an Apple TV device to enable me to watch TV programs that are streamed on my IPAD on my..er...TV.

I configured the device and I get a message "due to rights agreements, we cannot offer Air-Play"

Is this a bug in Apple's software or the demented paranoia of some idiot TV executive ?

I would imagine that 99.999% of people want to stream TV to watch it and of those a significant number might have the odd friend who they would like to share this with, so they use the big screen.

I have googled the subject and all I can find is how to break my device operating system and install the anti-break detection but really, do I have to do this just to enlarge the picture on my Ipad to my TV - this seems just mad.

The programs I am wanting to watch are free-to-air TV and the app is provided by the company that delivers the free channel.

I am about to take the Apple TV device back to the shop since it does not function as advertised.

Anyone know if Apple have a plan or are they just sticking their heads in the sand on this one ?

The internet is full of complaints and all the solutions seem to be to crack the operating Apple system so the Apple TV device can display content on a TV.

Regards

Trevor

Apple TV, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Apr 19, 2015 5:51 PM

There are no replies.

due to rights agreements, we cannot offer Air-Play - BUG

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.