Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lately I have to turn off home sharing and then back on again to get home sharing to work?

Lately, I have had to turn off home sharing and then turn it back on to work.

Then sometimes, I have to unplug the power from the appleTV to get it to work.

Last night, I was watching on appleTV all night - this afternoon - it doesn't work.

I don't remember having to do that over the past 3-4 years. Now, it's happening

very often.

Why? - Is it a setup on appleTV that I have messed up? on iTunes?

Thanks.

Mac Book, Mac OS X (10.6.4), iphone4

Posted on Apr 19, 2015 4:45 PM

1 reply

Apr 21, 2015 1:00 PM in response to chase.bailey

I have the very same problem. I have contacted Apple AND the internet provider. Apple says it is the internet. The Apple tv is now connected via ethernet so that isn't a problem (never really was because I could access PBS Kids even though I couldn't the home sharing). Internet says that it is an Apple problem. I am ready to disconnect both. My kids readily see how bad Apple TV is, especially when they want to view something that is on the computer (home sharing) and it is not accessible. We purchased the Apple TV for Christmas 2014 and it is April 2015. Um, too new for there to be snafus like this. I am fed up with the Apple tv right now.

Lately I have to turn off home sharing and then back on again to get home sharing to work?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.