Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IOS 8.3 Patch Release

Apole messed up big time with the external GPS issues in IOS 8.3. It couldn't have been more inconvenient for me since I am on the road and can't use my Bad Elf GPS Pro to drive CoPilot now. I had no idea that 8.3 no longer allowed CoPilot to retrieve location data provided by my Bad Elf until I was on the road. Not that it mattered, because I cant back out the 8.3 update anyway. What kind of testing did Apple do with this release? I've read of pilots that have the same problem, but obviously in much more critical environments. This is reminiscent of something that MS would do and makes me wonder if Apple has been reduced to their level? I am terribly disappointed and want to know when this will be fixed and available to me.

iPad 2, iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 19, 2015 6:40 PM

19 replies

Apr 19, 2015 6:44 PM in response to Gwf545

Apple do not make the Bad Elf GPS Pro. The Developers of it had plenty of access to run the Beta or Developers release of 8.3 If they have failed to provide an update then that falls squarely on their shoulders. Most App developers were ready to go with the update. Contact the Developers of that App and see when they will be releasing an update.

Cheers

Pete

Apr 19, 2015 8:16 PM in response to Gwf545

IT wasn't just the Bad Elf devices, it was a boatload of GPS devices from multiple manufacturers that now no longer function. Apple should have understood the possible effects of the change that was made that caused the problem and ensured that there was no impact. Apple is not absolved from causing this problem. I want to know when a fix will be made available and not get a load of pushback about who is at fault.

Apr 19, 2015 8:20 PM in response to Gwf545

Gwf545 wrote:

IT wasn't just the Bad Elf devices, it was a boatload of GPS devices from multiple manufacturers that now no longer function. Apple should have understood the possible effects of the change that was made that caused the problem and ensured that there was no impact. Apple is not absolved from causing this problem. I want to know when a fix will be made available and not get a load of pushback about who is at fault.

The issue will be resolved when the makers of the GPS devices in question update their apps/firmware.

Apr 19, 2015 9:15 PM in response to Gwf545

I give up. Apple deleted my last post here. Nobody here apparently understands that these devices suddenly stopped functioning for a large number of users who simply updated to IOS 8.3. That should not have happened. There should have been better coordination to prevent this from happening. Blame whoever you want. I just want a fix, yesterday.

Apr 19, 2015 10:35 PM in response to Gwf545

Gwf545 wrote:

Maybe nobody told them that a change was made in a critical area that might affect them. And, we are talking multiple vendors here. i can see one maybe having failed to respond, but not all.

No one needs to tell them. If they wish to keep profiting by making Apps for iOS OR Android, then they need to keep up with those systems. How come most other Apps were either updated BEFORE or shortly after? It is poor service from those handful of vendors that are too unprofessional or lazy to do so.

ps. If you wish to nominate amounts e.g..

it was a boatload of GPS devices from multiple manufacturers that now no longer function

or And, we are talking multiple vendors here

or I've read of pilots that have the same problem,

or these devices suddenly stopped functioning for a large number of users

Then please post links to substantiate your claims. As it is you are just guessing or speculating.

Pete

IOS 8.3 Patch Release

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.