Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ios 8.3 "downloaded"

Right,This is a pretty ridiculous situation to be in, given the proce of a handset and contract nowadays.But my question is... If i go to Genral, software update...It says IOS 8.3 at the very top, then two lines down, it says its "downloaded:

Now, heres the big one. I work on a ship. I am currently on a ship. I don't have access to My itunes on my Imac, but i can access a windows itunes.

I want to install this, as it says its "downloaded" But the install now button is greyed out, and says i need a network connection. which is intermittent, thanks to Apple (hats off there chaps)

So, dilemma... when the internet is connected, for how ever long the worlds most overpriced piece of aluminum stays connected, can i install it.... even though the network will drop out. As it says its downloaded.... Or will my phone turn into the worlds most overpriced aluminum. Brick.?

Also, has ANYONE found that the the update helps the wifi from dropping out? Since im on a ship, its making for a right miserable time.

just a wee bit scared to hit install now, even though it says its downloaded.

comments in the suggestion box's please....

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.2), 27 inch quad 3.4ghz

Posted on Apr 19, 2015 8:42 PM

7 replies

Apr 19, 2015 11:51 PM in response to Ingo2711

Thanks for your reply. Its looking like i will have to, unless anyone has tried in the safety of there homes to update it and drop the wifi. The wifi on the ship is steady, but its the fact the iphone keeps dropping the wifi thats the problem.

Unfortunately im on for 6 weeks, so not being able to use my phone on wifi, pretty much renders it utterly useless to me. disappointing as it is. So its looking the more likely that i will buy a samsung at the next port i go to.

Apr 20, 2015 3:09 PM in response to Ingo2711

Ahoy 😀 hehe.

Your right, i didnt actually list the model. Iphone 6.

At least 3 other crew members are on the Iphone 6 (with the same problem) But i haven't seen anything about a hardware fault/ recall on IPhone 6, so im presuming the software just doesn't agree with the IPhone 6 chip set or something.

ios 8.3 "downloaded"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.