Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't update the songs in a 7th Gen. iPod nano! Help!

Okay, I've been having problems with my 7th Gen iPod nano and I'm getting tired of this. A few days ago, I had a virus in my computer (the iPod wasn't hooked up at the time), and I had to restore everything in my computer. I downloaded iTunes again and when I plugged my iPod in the computer, the songs in my library are updated, but when I unplug the iPod nano, the songs in my playlist show songs that I had previously listened too a few weeks before the virus. But, now every time I plug it in to update the songs, my library on the computer updates, but the songs in the iPod still show the same list of songs from weeks ago. It doesn't show any sign of being updated. Plus, I looked up on the computer to see how to unfreeze the songs, and it tells me to hold the button for a few seconds and wait for the Apple Logo, I do that, but I don't see any Apple Logo. It doesn't seem to restore anything. Is my iPod not working now?

And I know that it's not an iPod nano, but I'm having the same problem with my 5th Generation iPod. I don't know what is going on, but I can't seem to update my 5th Generation iPod either.

Can someone help me with this? I don't know what else to do. I'm wondering if I need to buy new iPods, but I don't really want to spend the money to buy new iPods unless I REALLY need too.

Thanks,

Raven

iPod nano, Windows 7

Posted on Apr 19, 2015 10:11 PM

3 replies

May 16, 2015 11:16 PM in response to raven uchiha

Okay, now I have a new question. I haven't had much luck trying to get my music on my playlist so that it shows the same on my iPod, but when I right clicked on where it says Raven's iPod under Devices it came up with transfer purchases. I didn't click on that because I didn't want to screw anything up, but I want to know when it says transfer purchases from Raven's iPod, does that mean I can somehow transfer all of my purchases from Raven's iPod to the iTunes Library?

Also, can I burn all my music to a disc and clear all the music from my iTunes, and then import all the music from the disc back to the iTunes Library? Is that possible? I know I've burned music from iTunes to a disc, but I never put music back on iTunes from a disc. Can anyone help me out with this?

I'm going crazy not being able to get my music to change on my iPod. I'm still thinking of buying new iPod's but they cost $145 a piece. I'd hate to have to do that, but if it's the only way for me to show my music in the iTunes Library and sync the music from iTunes to my iPod. And Third Party sites want me to pay them for using their services. I don't want to pay anyone to put music on my iPod. I'm getting ****** and I can't understand why iTunes erased all of my songs from the computer, even though all the songs are on my iPod. And it ***** that everyone else don't seem to have a problem with getting the songs from the iPod back to the iTunes Library. And I also want to upload new music, but I can't until I fix this stupid problem.

Thanks,

Raven

Can't update the songs in a 7th Gen. iPod nano! Help!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.