Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Which Mac should I buy?

Hello to everybody!

I am thinking to purchase a new Mac and I would be so grateful to receive your expert advices.

I have just sold my MacBook Pro 15" because , although it was wonderful machine, on the other hand I have used a couple of times in 2 years due to the weight and dimentions, not suitable for a practical transportation (without killing my shoulders). Tomorrow I will buy a new Mac, lighter than my previous experience but with decent performances.

The question is: WHICH ONE?

My attention is focused on the New Macbook, but my concern the Intel Core M...! Could the basic programs (like Office, Adobe etc.) run ? And what's about Photoshop, Inventor or even worse AutoCAD or Creo Elements?

The MacBook Pro with Resina Display may be a second option, but the New MacBook concept seems to reflect the future technology, doesn't it?

I apologize for my long and maybe confusing question, I wish somebody could answer and clarify my indecision.

Thank you in advance.

Vinike

Posted on Apr 19, 2015 8:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 19, 2015 10:45 PM

Those program sound like they are going to be too heavy weight for the new MacBook.

Another point that needs to be considered is that it has only one port with is a USB-C. At the present time nothing is available that can use that type of connectivity. So your choice of peripherals is going to be extremely limited.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 19, 2015 10:45 PM in response to vinike

Those program sound like they are going to be too heavy weight for the new MacBook.

Another point that needs to be considered is that it has only one port with is a USB-C. At the present time nothing is available that can use that type of connectivity. So your choice of peripherals is going to be extremely limited.

Apr 20, 2015 6:47 AM in response to vinike

Hi Vinike...!!

The new Macbook can only run basic applications more efficiently. It will be able to run photoshop, AutoCad, Final cut pro, but will heavily lag because the Core M processor is not designed with keeping these graphic intensive applications in mind. Also, the intel HD 5300 GPU is very mediocre to run these graphic heavy apps.

I would recommend you Not to buy the new macbook but instead would recommend you to buy a retina macbook pro. The new macbook doesn’t sound too practical and based on your usage pattern, the intel Core M processor in the new macbook will soon choke to death. Note, that I am not over exaggerating but just making you aware of the potential of the new macbook.

Whereas, if you are buying the macbook pro, you are getting a much brag power to handle your photoshop editing, AutoCad programmes to run much more efficiently and smoothly. If you fancy the retina display then the macbook pro is also equipped with one. Also, the necessary USB, thunderbolt, HDMI and Magsafe ports come in handy without any need of an adapter or running here and there like a headless chicken in search of a USB-C adapter. I hope you got my point after reading my post.

It will take couple of more years for the USB- C to get standardise. Till then experience the real Macintosh power by buying the Retina Macbook pro.

Hope this helps.....

Which Mac should I buy?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.