Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

4th gen won't sync with Mac, iTunes keeps freezing up

I have a 4th generation iPod touch that is updated as far as I can tell. I haven't recently updated iTunes on my computer for fear that it will reject my iPod. (Don't know why, possibly something to do with many apps not working for 4th gen and I don't want iTunes to do the same.) I plug my iPod into the computer and it starts to sync, but it never gets through all 7 steps, usually freezing or never progressing past step 5. Presently it's frozen saying "cancelling sync" which is ridiculous because I just barely started the sync.

Any ideas? I just want my music...

iPod touch (4th generation)

Posted on Apr 19, 2015 8:12 PM

1 reply

Apr 20, 2015 2:02 AM in response to Aunt Jul

If a PC

Removing and Reinstalling iTunes, QuickTime, and other software components for Windows XP

or

Removing and reinstalling iTunes and other software components for Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8

For all:

- Try another cable.

- Try another USB port

- Inspect the dock connector on the iPod for bent or missing contacts, foreign material, corroded contacts, broken, missing or cracked plastic.

- Try on another computer as a test

4th gen won't sync with Mac, iTunes keeps freezing up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.