Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5c after iOS 8.3 Update

My husband has an iPhone 5c. Last night he installed the iOS 8.3 update. This afternoon he was trying to type a text message, but the screen went blue. He was unable to do anything on the phone. Within an hour he was home and told me what had happened. At this point, the screen is black and phone is unresponsive to the home button or the power button. I tried a hard reset by holding the home button and the power button for a minimum of 10 seconds. The phone continuously made a "bong" sound about every 5 seconds. When switching the phone to silent, it vibrates about every 5 seconds. The phone has never had an issue like this before. The phone is NOT damaged and was in a Lifeproof case when issue occurred.

Is there an issue with the iOS 8.3 update?

What needs to be done in order to get the phone working again?

iPhone 5c, iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 19, 2015 9:18 PM

7 replies

Apr 20, 2015 8:40 PM in response to jbrotherton13

Again, how long did you hold the Home and Power buttons down for? Initially the device will turn off, but if you continue to hold them down, the Apple will appear, but you need to wait at least 30 seconds for this to happen.

If that doesn't work, then you need to take the device to your nearest Apple Store and have it looked at.

Cheers,

GB

Apr 25, 2015 10:32 AM in response to jbrotherton13

I have kind of the same problem with my 5C! my phone crashed and wouldn't restart itself or accept a reset. The apple store gave me a new one, but I'm already experiencing new problems. my phone restarted itself various times today and now it just died totally. like, no buttons are reacting. I plugged it in, but still nothing happens. I would not recommend upgrading to iOS 8.3 if you have an iPhone 5C...

iPhone 5c after iOS 8.3 Update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.