Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Podcast artwork rejected in spite of being 1400 x 1400 and under 500 KB

Hello Everyone,

I am trying to submit a new podcast to the iTunes store for approval and keep getting this message:

"Podcast art must be between 1400 x 1400 and 2800 x 2800 pixels, JPG or PNG, in RGB color space, and hosted on a sever that allows HTTP head requests."

It seems like I'm meeting all of those requirements but I'm obviously missing something. Any help would be very much appreciated since I am completely stumped!

My RSS feed: http://theentrepreneurialmusician.libsyn.com/rss

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,

Andrew

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Apr 19, 2015 8:38 PM

6 replies

Apr 20, 2015 6:16 AM in response to Robert Walch

Thank you, Robert! I was uploading my image as an episode thumbnail rather than for the entire show under settings. I fixed this and hit submit and it went through but upon review I realized I had accidentally left the show slug as the show title so I went back and changed it to the proper title. When I hit submit again it is now giving me a different error message.

"Error parsing feed: Invalid XML: Error on line 32: The entity name must immediately follow the '&' in the entity reference."

A quick google search shows that won't recognize a podcast without at least one episode. But I do have one episode uploaded which it recognized literally two minutes earlier. Any help would be very much appreciated and thank you for your earlier response. I wasn't going to figure that out on my own!

Cheers,

Andrew

Apr 20, 2015 7:44 AM in response to hitztuba

The message makes no sense. Three separate validators all agree the feed is valid, and I can't see any problems with it (and it works in the iTunes application when subscribing perfectly well). There is no '&' anywhere in the feed, so it sounds as if the Store is being very glitchy. Maybe Robert can get through to them - you are unlikely to have any success doing so.

Apr 20, 2015 9:05 AM in response to Roger Wilmut1

I fixed this and hit submit and it went through but upon review I realized I had accidentally left the show slug as the show title so I went back and changed it to the proper title. When I hit submit again it is now giving me a different error message.

"Error parsing feed: Invalid XML: Error on line 32: The entity name must immediately follow the '&' in the entity reference."

You only submit one time - so if your feed went through on that first submission after changing your artwork - you are done on the submission side - you just need to wait for Apple to approve the show. You can change the title at any time - so no need to resubmit.

If the submission did go through you should have received an email saying it is under review. If you did - you are all set for now - and just need to wait until you get approved. Apple does not allow multiple submissions of the same feed once it goes through the first time.

Rob W

Apr 20, 2015 2:27 PM in response to Robert Walch

Thank you both for your responses. I wasn't clear. It got as far as me needing to confirm the details and hit submit (meaning no error message) but since there was an error I hit cancel and changed the title. When I then went back to attempt submitting again I got the error message I mentioned above. Not sure what to do next.

Thanks for each of your time looking at this! Any further thoughts?

Cheers,

Andrew

Podcast artwork rejected in spite of being 1400 x 1400 and under 500 KB

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.