Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem after 8.3 update. Apple no help at all.

Hello everyone I'm new to here but I need help. I have had an iPhone since the original 2g and have always been happy as they have always worked and done what I needed. I even upgraded to the iPhone 6 128gb but found myself using my old 5s 64gb more and more so sold the iPhone 6 and was perfectly happy using the 5s. Then I updated to iOS 8.3. The fault I'm having is that I can no longer make Bluetooth calls. my phone connects to any Bluetooth device and even will play music and is controllable using said Bluetooth devices but when I make a call it goes silent, if I then press the audio key and select either iPhone or speaker the call is there. I have tried different devices all have the same problem. I have tried my wife's phone and it works perfectly on the same devices. I carried out a iTunes restore and set up as a new device, and still it didn't work. So then made and appointed with the Genius Bar at my nearest Apple Store which is over an hours drive away so drove up yesterday and tried to explain my issue but I felt that although the guy was very nice and friendly wasnt really interested or understood what my fault was. So he then carried out a restore using one of there macs and that should be ok now and have a nice day. I asked what would be my recourse if this didn't fix my fault and was told I would just have to buy a new device and then was offered a new contract. I have since tried my phone and still is the same. I drive a lot for work and need the phone to connect to my car kit. Can anyone help or advise. I am really disappointed in Apple with this.

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 19, 2015 11:11 PM

6 replies

Apr 29, 2015 3:53 PM in response to SciGibson

Just to update had a second visit to Apple as after the 8.3 update I have also lost Touch ID the option is greyed out. Apple still no help can't believe that a manufacturer has no interest in even trying to help. my problem is that my phone was working perfectly well with no problems and since the 8.3 update my Bluetooth and Touch ID doesn't work And after two trips to Apple and a call to customer support and only being told to restore the iphone every time. That's the only option for fixing iPhones well seams to be Anyway.

What can I do. Please help any advice.

Apr 29, 2015 7:56 PM in response to SciGibson

So I finally updated my phone to 8.3

...or attempted to

I backed it up via iTunes

I updated the software & went to bed.

Now when I turn on my phone I get about 15 seconds before the screen fades to dark purple & the touchscreen is unresponsive.

I can unlock it after sleep mode no problem...all day long.

If someone calls I can talk. Anything else is futile.

I reset = no good.

I power down (this is really hard to accomplish in time)

after an hour off it is the same.

I get back home and attempt to restore, I get the lovely message that there is not enough space. How they heck can that be??

I use the computer to remove some apps, same issue - not enough space. I have 1.5 gigs free.

I start a chat session to fix, get told it is temporarily unavailable.

Wow.

No, I do not have an apple store in town.

My service is thru AT&T, so... show of hands who really thinks they might be of any help?

Problem after 8.3 update. Apple no help at all.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.