Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I'm having a few issues with Safari, can anyone help?

Hello, all,

I'm having a few annoying little issues with Safari at the moment, hopefully someone can help and it'll be an easy fix, but I'm stumped at the moment.

1. Every time I close and quit Safari it freezes and I have to 'force quit' the app. Not the biggest of problems but it's a little annoying.

2. Once I open Safari back up it reloads with whatever window was open when I quit, even if my Mac has been turned off.

3. Safari is eating up a lot of my RAM at the moment. 'Activity Monitor' is telling me it's taking up between 2-6GB of Memory.

Anybody have any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.1)

Posted on Apr 19, 2015 10:37 PM

5 replies

Apr 20, 2015 6:58 AM in response to Scooby Doo's Shoes

Try a basic Safari reset.

Safari/Preferences/Advanced - enable the Develop menu, then go there and Empty Caches. Quit/reopen Safari and test. Then try Safari/History/Show History and delete all history items. Quit/reopen Safari and test. You can also try try Safari/Clear History and Web Site Data. The down side is it clears all cookies.Doing this may cause some sites to no longer recognize your computer as one that has visited the web site.

I'm having a few issues with Safari, can anyone help?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.