Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

itunes does not allow me download songs

Good morning,

Ihave a simple but frustrating problem with iTunes match. I have tried to clean up my library and get rid of the "uploaded" songs by converting them to AAC and get them to the "matched" status. In doing so I have converted them and then I deleted the non AAC and then updated my itunes match library to replace them on the cloud.

What happened though is that now the songs are not in iTunes (strange) but the old versions are in the cloud but the option to download them is not available from the right-click / contextual menu in iTunes.

I tried looking for the songs on my ios devices and they are part of my itunes library on the cloud but they would not download on my ipad / iphone either.

Thanks a lot in advance for your help.

A

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Apr 19, 2015 11:39 PM

1 reply

Apr 20, 2015 1:46 AM in response to alessandrofromportland

Hi,

Did you use iTunes to convert the tracks to AAC - are they still in your iTunes library on your computer? If so, what is the iCloud status of those tracks?

I have found that when you convert existing tracks then delete the original, the iCloud status of the converted tracks initially show "waiting" but once process is complete the iCloud status changes to "Removed". If this is the case, select the tracks, ctrl click and select add to iCloud from popup box. iTunes will go through the match process to determine if the track will be matched or uploaded. The chances of getting a match on these tracks will be very low (if you get any at all).

I have tried this but the only time I have had success was if the album was not originally in the iTunes store but had recently been added.

Jim

itunes does not allow me download songs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.