Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

1700 error when try to get/read value from a xlxs

Hi,

I am a beginner and trying to write an AppleScript that will read the cell value from an xlsx file located in document folder. I am storing the values (username and password) in an Excel sheet and will pass the values to login into skype.

On my 1st step of the scripting, while retriving the value got 1700 error. Here is my script

Here is my code

tell application "Numbers"

set f to POSIX file "/Users/admin/Documents/DDSheet1.xlsx"

set x to value of range ("A2:A4") of Sheet1 of f as string

display dialogx

end tell

This is the error message

tell application "Numbers"

get value of range "A2:A4" of Sheet1 of file "Macintosh HD:Users:admin:Documents:DDSheet1.xlsx"

--> error number -1700 fromSheet1 of file "Macintosh HD:Users:admin:Documents:DDSheet1.xlsx" tospecifier

Result:

error "Can’t make «class NMCv» of «class NmCR» \"A2:A4\" of Sheet1 of file \"Macintosh HD:Users:admin:Documents:DDSheet1.xlsx\" into type string." number -1700 from «class NMCv» of «class NmCR» "A2:A4" of Sheet1 of file "Macintosh HD:Users:admin:Documents:DDSheet1.xlsx" tostring

Mac mini, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Apr 20, 2015 2:56 AM

There are no replies.

1700 error when try to get/read value from a xlxs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.