Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Black Clips in FCPX 10.2

I URGENTLY need help with this.

I updated to FCPX 10.2 and went in today to render out the final files for a few projects I am working on. However the update to the software which updated my library has caused not just frames but entire clips to be black when displayed. There is audio and you can see the image on the thumbnail of the clip.

I have seen a few other mention this with regards to footage shot at differing frame rates on Panasonic cameras. My footage was shot at 50fps at 720p on a Canon 5D3. I have client deadlines and need a fix on this URGENTLY.

HELP!!!!!!

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Apr 20, 2015 2:23 AM

8 replies

Apr 20, 2015 6:18 AM in response to Blueroom Productions

Just in case: I have the same issue when using specific plugins (like Neat Video) on 50fps clips (Sony A7s XAVCS).

De-activating them give me the clip back. You can't use the plugins you've paid for with 10.2m it would have been too easy.

(I've made the usual big mistake of upgrading an Apple Product on the middle of a project too, which I deeply regret).

Apr 20, 2015 8:35 AM in response to Luis Sequeira1

Ok. Great.

And it seems that this is not the only thing that has received "great attention" then: Re: Major Issues and really poor performance with XAVCS 50fps since 10.2

To summarize: my former smooth A7S XAVCS/FCPX workflow is now unpracticable, my projects sluggish as ****. I'm back to the old good drop-tons-of-frames-time I've had forgotten about for years.

Apr 20, 2015 10:10 AM in response to Blueroom Productions

Blueroom - I've also been having major issues with FCPX 10.2 (all our files are Panasonic AVCHD - black screen playback)

the os x 10.10.3 update doesn't fix the problems

the only solution is to delete FCPX 10.2 and reinstall 10.1.4 - I've just done this and can confirm that everything works fine now.

Hopefully you didn't update all your libraries to 10.2 - Do you have backups of your libraries from 10.1.4 - either in User>Movies>FCPX Backups or on a separate drive? These will work fine

Black Clips in FCPX 10.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.