Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can you send gmail group emails

How can you send group emails on gmail?

iPad Air, iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 20, 2015 2:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 20, 2015 4:30 AM

Do you mean using the Apple Mail app with a Gmail account or are you using the Google Gmail app?

If you are referring to the Apple Mail app then you can't, Apple's Mail app on iOS doesn't support sending emails to Contacts groups, only lists of individual email addresses (why, when the Mail app on the Mac can do this? No idea, but it's a much requested feature for iOS Mail).

If however you are referring to the Google Gmail iOS app then I can't help you as I don't use it and have no idea it supports group email addressing or not.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 20, 2015 4:30 AM in response to Pharmash

Do you mean using the Apple Mail app with a Gmail account or are you using the Google Gmail app?

If you are referring to the Apple Mail app then you can't, Apple's Mail app on iOS doesn't support sending emails to Contacts groups, only lists of individual email addresses (why, when the Mail app on the Mac can do this? No idea, but it's a much requested feature for iOS Mail).

If however you are referring to the Google Gmail iOS app then I can't help you as I don't use it and have no idea it supports group email addressing or not.

Jul 7, 2015 2:44 AM in response to Pharmash

Thanks for mentioning our app, MailShot Pro

Just to clarify- We recommend that you use the Mail app to write all your group email to MailShot groups.

You can, if you wish, continue to use the Gmail app for individual emails, or you can switch to using the standard Mail app to handle all of your Gmail (not everyone is aware that they don't need to use the Gmail app for a Gmail account.)

Peter

Soluble Apps

I am the developer of MailShot Pro and may receive a reward for its sale

How can you send gmail group emails

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.