Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why is my wireless mouse not connecting

My 1 year old magic mouse suddenly disconnected after the batter

magic mouse-OTHER

Posted on Apr 20, 2015 4:13 AM

5 replies

Apr 20, 2015 4:38 AM in response to ktee747

Were the batteries you took out corroded? If so, have you thoroughly cleaned the contact points inside the battery compartment? And if you have to do that, do not forget to clean the replacement batteries you used as they may now also be contaminated.

What brand batteries did you replace the old ones with? Were they from a discount store?

Opinion here, in general, is that you should use, Energiser, Eneloop, Duracell(2400) or Apple batteries (I personally find Apple's quite poor).

If you have rechargeable batteries AND regular batteries, do not mix them.

If you use White spirit or its equivellent to clean only DAMPEN the cotton bud. And give the cleaned parts adequate time to dry out before reconnecting.

Apr 20, 2015 4:55 AM in response to ktee747

The only reason I mentioned discount stores was because they sometimes sell off old stock and / or imported copies. Not all batteries are the same length (0.2 mm is enough to cause problems) and if there is any movement (try shaking the mouse and listening) you can get disconnection.

Try another set but after exhausting the battery suggestion ... you will have to look at your bluetooth settings. I shall be out of the house for the next 3 hours so you won't get a speedy reply to any more questions.

why is my wireless mouse not connecting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.