Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot print on EPSON Stylus Photo R230 after my Yosemite update OXSUpdcombo 10.10.3.dmg

After I Updating our iMac 21.5” i5, Mac Pro 13” i5 and 15” i7 ( Retina ) with OXSUpdcombo10.10.3, we cannot print on my Epson, connection via USB, Printer Driver still there, I try to un install and reinstall with driver EPSONPrinterDriver3.0.dmg , but it still don’t work.

But Our Mac Pro 13" i7 don't up date OXSUpdcombo still can print with Epson,although through Wifi

Apple Family

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Apr 20, 2015 3:33 AM

12 replies

Apr 20, 2015 8:41 AM in response to harrywordman

Thank you rkaufman87 and harrywordman

1. After I install the EpsonPrinterDriver3.0 on Mac Pro 13", the printer " Icon " do not appear on Printer and Scanner pane, then I connect it through USB and the Printer work, It same with my iMac too.
  2. After that I Install " USB Control Center " in which provide by Linksys Router EA 6900 ( EA 1900 ), but un fortunately it does not work and Pop up Dialog Box " USB Control quit unexpectedly " There is a choice " Ignore " Report... " and " Reopen ", I try several time to " Reopen but un success.
  3. Like I mention before my daughter Mac Pro 13" i7 , With out Up Date OXSUpdcombo10.10.3 work perfectly with Wifi and can open USB Controller "

User uploaded file

Regards

Apr 20, 2015 9:38 AM in response to bsugih

Did you follow the instructions in the second link? FWIW, I've never found Linksys to be easy to set up or play well with a Mac.

Considering the age of the printer and the fact that it was introduced while OS X 10.2.4 was supported, as well as their notes on the download page for the only updates for Mavericks (10.9.x) - not Yosemite - it may just no longer be compatible with the latest update.

Apr 20, 2015 9:20 PM in response to bsugih

The problem is that computer manufacturers simply cannot make their devices compatible with the thousands of other accessories that are available, so they give a beta version of the OS to them so they can try it and have a driver ready when it comes out. On the other hand, Epson (and others) will never support a printer forever and yours is, frankly, quite old - it is surprising and great that it has worked this long, but I believe it is time to check on a replacement.

Apr 21, 2015 9:14 AM in response to babowa

I wish they can cooperate with Apple to solve this issue. The promise to let me know after they find out the problem.

I just investigate this matter, I Use my iMac 21,5", my daughter Mac Book Pro 13" and 15 " Retina with OS X 10.10.3 it does not work through Linksys Wifi Router, but my other daughter Mac Book Pro 13" with OS X 10.10.2 can print well through Wifi.

After 20 years as a PC User, finally i change my mind and start from last week i switch to Mac, and this is my first experience with Mac. But all of that I am very satisfied with Mac.

Cannot print on EPSON Stylus Photo R230 after my Yosemite update OXSUpdcombo 10.10.3.dmg

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.