Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Remote App Won't Pair with iTunes

Hey, guys,

I'm having various issues pairing my iPhone and iPad Remote apps with my MBP's iTunes.

I never used to experience any issues, but I recently moved and had to set up a second router as an AP (access point) because the main router is upstairs and out of reach, which appears to be causing issues. I've done a lot of Googling, but nothing I've found (connecting via USB cable, disabling IPv6/multicasting/IGMP Proxy, and swapping WPA + WPA2 for just WPA2) has worked so far. I've also confirmed that the AP WLAN is not isolated—I'm tearing my hair out here. The app just doesn't find my MacBook, or doesn't appear in iTunes if I'm trying to re-pair it. I'm assuming it's some sort of interference with Bonjour, since I experience the same issue with Alfred's Remote and VLC Remote apps.

Is there anything else I could try toggling? I'm sure it's just a matter of configuring something in my WLAN. My AP router is an Asus RT-N56U and I'm running the latest versions of iOS, Yosemite, iTunes, and the Remote app. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3), null

Posted on Apr 20, 2015 5:45 AM

There are no replies.

Remote App Won't Pair with iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.