Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Some jpeg images won't sync to iPad

When I sync a folder to my iPad using iTunes some files don't copy. If I make a small edit to those files and re-file and then re-sync the file transfers OK. It's as is the file is corrupted in some way but I can open the files in all apps which handle jpegs and none report an error. The files are originally edited in CS6. It's only some files and the process to produce them is always the same. Any clues?

iPad, iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 20, 2015 3:35 AM

7 replies

Apr 20, 2015 7:36 AM in response to lordnick

If you have very many images, make sure the missing files haven't copied already. Happened to me using the somewhat older My Photo Stream channel.

Needed to move about 80 pics from the iPad to the Mac. The first bunch, about 70, went thru flawlessly. Then in the last batch, there was one particular image that would just not sync on My Photo Stream, try as I might. Sure, it duped 3-4 times in the Camera Roll, but no dice. Only later did I discover that it had already synced at the very beginning and iOS was refusing to dupe it on the Stream, clever thing...

Apr 20, 2015 9:04 AM in response to lordnick

lordnick,

I'm a CS4 and LR 5 (Windows) user. Nothing's changed on my computer except iTunes. I went from version 11 to version 12. I'm having the same problem as you, some photos will not sync. I've tried deleting photo cache on my PC then re-sync. That didn't help. Re-editing those JPGs sometimes fixes the problem but not always. Some of them just won't sync, period. Weird thing is I have never had problem syncing the same photos with iTunes 11. All hundreds of them synced without a problem with iTunes 11.

Sep 29, 2015 6:08 PM in response to ShagCA

I am having exactly the same problems also. I took some photos for a friend's speed painting event, so far I've finished two photos, open up iTunes 12, choose to sync the folder with those two photos in, and only one of them syncs. I've tried re editing and exporting from Lightroom, I've googled if Lightroom contains some sort of metadata my iPad 3 with iOS 9 on doesn't like. Can't find anything. Tried resizing to small images also. Tried deleting the iPod photo cache. Both of the photos are edited with Lightroom, so should contain the same data, but only one syncs. It's really frustrating. I don't want to restore my iPad because o use it for work and quite honestly that's a ball ache. I so far haven't found one solution that works.

Some jpeg images won't sync to iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.