Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

unlock my iphone 3GS

My wife is going to use my old 3GS iPhone which was used on O2 service provider nearly 2 years ago . She has a new sim-only contract with BT as service provider but wants to keep her old number that she had with her old provider . BT says that my 3GS NEEDS TO BE UNLOCKED .

O2 have confirmed that this has been authorised with Apple, and I should be able to do this on-line by using a USB connection and old phone.

Until the 3GS is unlocked her new sim card will not activate !!! and further- more her old phone number can't be transferred for tomorrow !!
-

iPhone 3GS (8GB), iOS 6, IMEI No. 012993003504141

Posted on Apr 20, 2015 3:31 AM

2 replies

Apr 20, 2015 6:36 AM in response to ronald a.

If your iPhone is locked to O2, only O2 can unlock it. Did you follow the instructions

from O2 to restore the 3GS using iTunes? Did you get the 'Congratulations. Your

iPhone is unlocked' message? If not, the iPhone is still locked and you need to work

with O2 to complete the unlock. Elevate to the next level of customer support as needed.

unlock my iphone 3GS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.