Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple ID deleted, cannot update OS or apps

I had trouble logging in to my Apple account for a while, I would fill in my ID and PW and it would tell me my password is wrong. I went through the 'send a password reset link' 5 times and the email just never arrived. It didn't recognize my birthday either so couldn't get to the security questions.

Eventually I decided to register a new account, LO AND BEHOLD I used exactly the same details as my previous account, which lead me to believe that my account had been deleted (dunno if that is possible but it's my only logical conclusion...)

So now I essentially have a new account, but with exactly the same ID. Now I have the problem of not being able to update my apps OR MY OS as it keeps telling me to log in to my old 'missing' account with exactly the same ID as the one I have now...!? Bizarre?!

I've tried to authorize my Macbook from iTunes to this new account but that also didn't work.

Can somebody please help me out here? How am I supposed to update my OS and my apps that are linked to a deleted/missing account?!

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Apr 20, 2015 3:21 AM

1 reply

Apple ID deleted, cannot update OS or apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.