Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to stop ios update?

Dear,

Kindly note I have iphone 5 and ipad air both have ios 8.1 and my devices
keeps prompting for update every time there is update, and when you enter the
setting its automatically pointing to General tap so you update. I need your
help if you now anyway to stop the update I don’t care about the update that much
my phone working fine and the ipad is the same I hate updates in general.

I need your help.

iPad Air, iOS 8.1, null

Posted on Apr 20, 2015 3:45 AM

7 replies

Apr 20, 2015 4:02 AM in response to petermac87

Dear,

If you have way say please say it but if you don’t don’t . Im writing for solution
otherwise don't act smart I read every update I saw a lot of devices around me destroyed
because of the update and my devices still the best in term of speed and I use
it heavily so unless you have something useful please be sure to write otherwise
don't.

Thanks again,

Apr 20, 2015 4:15 AM in response to Name_M

IT is your choice if you do not want to update. If the download has already begun, let it complete. You do not have to install the update and it will not happen on its own. You have to initiate the actual installation of the software. After the iOS update has fully downloaded, go to Settings>General>Usage>Storage>Manage Storage. The downloaded software will appear in there and you can delete it.

You will not be able to prevent the red badge from coming back again for the update notification as long as you continue to refuse to update.

Apr 20, 2015 4:14 AM in response to Name_M

Name_M wrote:

Dear,

If you have way say please say it but if you don’t don’t . Im writing for solution
otherwise don't act smart I read every update I saw a lot of devices around me destroyed
because of the update and my devices still the best in term of speed and I use
it heavily so unless you have something useful please be sure to write otherwise
don't.

Thanks again,

Ignore it. It won't go away. But ignore it.

Cheers

Pete

how to stop ios update?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.