Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari slow after iOS 8.3 update

after updating to iOS 8.3, Safari is slow and takes a while to search from the search bar

iPhone 6, iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 20, 2015 7:42 AM

8 replies

Apr 23, 2015 8:02 AM in response to sophieleanne

Hello sophieleanne,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities.

From what I gather, Safari is taking longer than expected to search after updating to the latest version of iOS on your iPhone 6. If you haven’t already, try the general app troubleshooting suggestions in the article linked below.

If an app you installed unexpectedly quits, stops responding, or won’t open - Apple Support

Restart the app

Close the app and open it again.

Restart your device

Turn your device off and back on.

Also, try removing the cached website data as shown in this article:

Safari web settings on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Clear information from your device

To clear your history and cookies from Safari in iOS 8, tap Settings > Safari > Clear History and Website Data. In iOS 7 or earlier, tap Clear History and tap Clear Cookies and Data.

To clear other stored information from Safari, tap Settings > Safari > Advanced > Website Data > Remove All Website Data.

If the issue persists, try restoring your iPhone as shown in the article below.

Use iTunes to restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

Cheers,

-Jason

May 1, 2015 5:38 PM in response to sophieleanne

OH my goodness yes. I have an iPhone 5s and an iPad mini 2. When I initially launch safari it takes ages to let me search or go to a url. Once it gets past that initial lag it's fine, though. But if I close it to do something else and reopen it, it's right back to Lagging. I have tried closing tabs and forcing the app closed via the multitasking screen but it doesn't help at all.

note that it's just using the address bar. If a page is already loaded when I open Safari I can just read that page while I wait the 30 seconds or so that the address bar needs to "wake up".

May 5, 2015 11:08 PM in response to DeerSteak

I have the same exact problem as DeerSteak, and then some, on both my phone and iPad -- utterly disappointed in Apple. This problem affects all iOS devices across the board, my barely 2 month old iPhone6 had numerous issues with vastly shortened battery life and Safari connection issues after 8.3 update, and my iPad Mini is basically a $300 paperweight now. I've timed it, average page load time is over 5 minutes. Average people. That means I've seen as long as 10 minutes for it make an actual connection. It's 2015, to have these problems reported over and over and over and OVER again this year alone and nothing is being done about it...seriously Apple!?? W.T.F! It's beyond hyperbole and utter incompetence. Everyone I know running iOS 8.3, (and I'm a designer by trade and that means a lot of Apple users) are having the same fukin' issues. Enjoy your new Watch people, like I give two cents anymore...

As far as solutions, I've done every tip, piece of advice, etc. recommended on every community board, my iPhone 6 is marginally better after multiple full-blown restores (try 3 times in a month and the battery still barely last 24hrs and takes at least 1-2 minutes to login into Safari), and the iPad Mini is still hunk of worthless metal and plastic, full restore for the 3rd time deleted ALL apps save the basic that it comes with and it still takes 5 minutes to connect and load a page on Safari via WiFi (which I've rebooted my WiFi modem how many times now...???!!) I've been an Apple user since the Mac IIe days, this is by far the worst update they've done and it's value is basically a reduction in functionality of all mobile devices. I'd be extremely ashamed if I was Apple. In the face of Samsung's relentless copying and wanna-be devices, it'd definitely not how I'd be running it. Jobs -- We miss you beyond words. I wish to say I can't wait for 8.4, but my loyalties have run thin these past few years to be honest.

Safari slow after iOS 8.3 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.