Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My safari 7.1.5 will not load youtube or Facebook but will load websites such as wikipedia... please help!

Hi guys i need some help as my safari will not load certain websites such as youtube or Facebook, instead the ball of death comes up and nothing happens, but I can load other websites such as this or wikipedia. I have tried clearing cookies and stuff off of it and re-downloading adobe but nothing has worked and i have the same problem on firefox. Its not the wifi as i have used different ones while trying to fix the problem. Please could someone help!!!

Safari 7.1.5

Mac OS X 3 GHz Intel Corei7

16Gb 1600 Mhz DDR3

Version 10.9.5

if any of that helps...

Thanks dh

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Apr 20, 2015 6:28 AM

5 replies

Apr 20, 2015 1:59 PM in response to dhall13

Start up in Recovery mode. In the OS X Utilities screen, select Get Help Online. A clean copy of Safari will launch. No plugins, such as Flash, will be available. While in Recovery, you'll have no access to your saved bookmarks or passwords, so make a note of those before you begin, if they're needed for the test.

Test. After testing, restart as usual and post the results.

My safari 7.1.5 will not load youtube or Facebook but will load websites such as wikipedia... please help!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.