Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Continuous syncing on iphone

It seems my iphone6 has been burning up battery faster than expected. I just noticed that the little rotating sync icon at the top of the screen is there - for hours... When I look under settings/general/iTunes wi-fi-sync, it seems that it is synching with my macbook pro through wifi, although iTunes on the laptop shows nothing. If I look at iTunes on the laptop, the synch with wi-fi button is unchecked. On the phone, there is a "cancel sync" button, but if I click it, the icon keeps spinning. Ideas?

iPhone 6, iOS 8.1.2

Posted on Apr 20, 2015 7:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 20, 2015 1:20 PM

I just checked again, and now I cannot do anything to manage my phone in iTunes as it is hijacked with the sync issue. Also at the bottom of the screen, the color bar is changed from the normal where it shows what is stored on my phone. See below.User uploaded file

3 replies

Apr 20, 2015 1:53 PM in response to Lee Rodgers

Try interrupting all the processes in an orderly manner by doing these steps:

1. In iTunes on your computer, press that eject button located above your battery percentage and to the right of your device's name in your screen shot above.
  2. Close iTunes on your computer. Consider rebooting your computer (it couldn't hurt).
  3. Reset your iPhone. Hold the on/off and home buttons together for about 10 seconds until the Apple logo appears.

Continuous syncing on iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.