Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Yosemite AirPlay Mirroring (iMac to AppleTV) Not Working.

I've been using AirParrot to transfer movies on my older computer to my Apple TV. My new iMac, using Yosemite 10.10.3, has AirPlay. However, I can't turn "mirroring" on. Why? New Mac specifications: 21.5" iMac, Processor 2.9GHz, Intel Core i5, 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3, Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 1024 MB.

Posted on Apr 20, 2015 7:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 24, 2015 2:42 PM

Greetings barbiebb,

If you are having an issue with AirPlay Mirroring between your iMac and your Apple TV not functioning as expected, I would suggest that you troubleshoot using the steps in this article -

iTunes: Troubleshooting AirPlay and AirPlay Mirroring - Apple Support

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Be well,

Brett L

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 24, 2015 2:42 PM in response to barbiebb

Greetings barbiebb,

If you are having an issue with AirPlay Mirroring between your iMac and your Apple TV not functioning as expected, I would suggest that you troubleshoot using the steps in this article -

iTunes: Troubleshooting AirPlay and AirPlay Mirroring - Apple Support

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Be well,

Brett L

Apr 24, 2015 2:49 PM in response to Brett L

Actually, I did all the things mentioned in the article you refer to. The problem was finally cleared up when I talked with an Apple (Sr. Advisor). I had been using AirParrot before buying my new iMac. When I migrated from the older computer, of course, AirParrot migrated too. As it turned out, the reason I experienced the problem with AirPlay after upgrading to Yosemite, was because of a conflict between AirParrot and Airplay. I had to remove all traces of AirParrot before Airplay mirroring would turn on.

Yosemite AirPlay Mirroring (iMac to AppleTV) Not Working.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.