Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhoto on iMac won't let me in

When I try to open the iPhoto app on my iMac I get the following:

In order to open “iPhoto.app”, you need to update to the latest version.

The version of iPhoto installed on this Mac is not compatible with OS X Yosemite. Download the latest version for free from the Mac App Store.

When I click on the link to the App Store, I get the following message:

Item not available

The item you've requested is not currently available in the UK Store.

I'm not very experienced with the whole Apple system and am now totally confused

Can anybody help, please?

Thanks in advance

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3), Have used the App since upgrading

Posted on Apr 20, 2015 8:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 21, 2015 1:21 AM

If you had upgraded to Yosemite in the first three iterations; 10.10, 10.10.1 and 10.10.2 you could have upgraded iPhoto to a version that works with Yosemite. It appears that you have waited too long to upgrade to Yosemite and Apple has deprecated both iPhoto and Aperture. They have been replaced with a new Apple app called Photos. You should find it install in your Applications folder if you have 10.10.3 installed.

http://www.apple.com/osx/photos/

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 21, 2015 1:21 AM in response to blueskyarts

If you had upgraded to Yosemite in the first three iterations; 10.10, 10.10.1 and 10.10.2 you could have upgraded iPhoto to a version that works with Yosemite. It appears that you have waited too long to upgrade to Yosemite and Apple has deprecated both iPhoto and Aperture. They have been replaced with a new Apple app called Photos. You should find it install in your Applications folder if you have 10.10.3 installed.

http://www.apple.com/osx/photos/

iPhoto on iMac won't let me in

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.