Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The latest iTunes software 12.1.2 won't download.

Is anyone have any issues with downloading the latest iTunes software 12.1.2?

software update on home computer

Posted on Apr 20, 2015 9:02 AM

5 replies

Apr 27, 2015 7:35 AM in response to luannk

I'm also unable to download iTunes 12.1.2. In iTunes, when I "Check for Updates...", it indicates 12.1.2 is available; clicking "Download iTunes" opens App Store, which, of course, has no trace of iTunes. Attempting to download from apple/support/downloads takes me directly & immediately to the "Thanks for Downloading" page without any download in evidence.

Apr 27, 2015 7:51 AM in response to Jeff Swart

Yes, I find that right now too, though this is unlikely to have been the issue reported by the original poster a week ago. Report the issue to Apple via http://www.apple.com/feedback/itunesapp.html which by the time they read it the problem will have been fixed anyway. I know this is very difficult to accept in this age of instant gratification but for those of us pre generation-Xers who remember going out to the mailbox everyday for software to arrive in an envelope with a floppy disk... 😉

Apr 27, 2015 8:04 AM in response to Jeff Swart

Update to my post @ Apr 27, 2015 7:35 AM - so I tried one more time and I got it to download and install... sort of.

This time I entered my email address (having left it empty on previous attempts since I didn't want to subscribe to Apple's news and updates). Using Firefox, I got a save to disk dialog (with no ensuing file save dialog to ask where I wanted it to go) and found it in Downloads folder but the file was not "resolved" to a .dmg file (file names: h+TLuS2Q.dmg.part and Eggbizqw.dmg.part - I tried twice - both weighing in at 215.4 MB). On changing the filename extension to .dmg, I got it to open and was able to install... what fun!

The latest iTunes software 12.1.2 won't download.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.