Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6 doesn' consistantly play on Alpine Car Audio.

I have an Alpine ida-X100 Mp3/iPod player in my car that connects via USB / 30-pin to any iPod or iPhone. (IT DOES NOT USE THE HEADPHONE JACK< JUST THE CHARGING PORT. I have had this player for several years and it has worked on every iPhone I have had. When the iPhone went to the lightning connector, I simply bought a lightning adapter for the 30-pin. Even after I bought the iPhone 6 (using ios8.3) it played. But just recently I get an error message on my phone saying "this device may not be compatible with iPhone", or something like that. and it will not play music. I have tried resetting the phone, resetting my Alpine player, closing all the other apps, and even playing the music directly on my phone instead of through the Alpine.

I thought his might be a bad cable, but have bought new cables, and a new lightning / 30-pin adapter, and got no results. The reason I thought it was the cable is because it still does sometimes play.. I plug it in when I get in the car, and I have about a 30% chance of it starting to play. When it does play, I tried wiggling the cable to see if it would cut off.. but it keeps playing.

Is there a bug or a glitch on the last few updates of ios8? This problem occured when I got a 8.x version of ios8. So it did not happen when I first got the iphone 6.

Being that it sometimes plays leads me to believe there's something on the phone that prevents it from connecting to the player, and that something is turned off not working when it does play.

I've checked with Alpine and have gotten nothing.

Can anyone help? Is anyone else experiencing this that plugs their iPhone into their car stereo?

iPhone 6, iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 20, 2015 7:30 AM

There are no replies.

iPhone 6 doesn' consistantly play on Alpine Car Audio.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.