Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bluetooth not pairing after update

I have a Macbook Pro running the latest update of Yosemite, 10.10.3. Prior to the update, my Bluetooth connections were spotty at best. Bluetooth devices don't always appear, and when they did appear, the connection would drop or not connect at all. Since I updated a few days ago, I can't connect to anything (my speaker close by doesn't even show up in Bluetooth preferences.) I've tried all the basic stuff, like removing devices and trying to readd them, turning Bluetooth off and back on, trying different devices (that work perfectly with my iPhone), and I've even tried resetting the PRAM and doing the Apple hardware test. I'm at wit's end. Anybody have any ideas? I'd be deeply in debt to whoever can get this darn thing working again.

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2012)

Posted on Apr 20, 2015 10:01 AM

10 replies

Apr 20, 2015 2:52 PM in response to Barry Hemphill

Oooh, Barry, I didn't even consider that. I am in an office building with a cordless about 20 to 30 feet away. If the signal was interfering, would it affect the Bluetooth connection only when someone was on the phone, or would it happen all the time? I use my iPhone to make the same connections in the same location when I am unable to do so with my Macbook and those connections work fine - no signal dropped.

Apr 22, 2015 9:43 AM in response to Barry Hemphill

Okay, so I've downloaded the combo update, turned off WIFI and it's seeing the Bluetooth device and connecting (after several attemps) but it's not keeping the connection. The connection drops after a while, or stutters (it's a speaker.) As soon as I started having problems, I immediately tried the Bluetooth connection on my iPhone to the same speaker and it's flawless. No dropping, no stuttering. So the cordless phone interference theory went out the door. It's definitely my Macbook. Any other ideas?

Bluetooth not pairing after update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.