Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Kerberos request for help

I am trying to add a Linux machine to a Mac network and I want the Linux machine to be able to do Kerberos based authentication i.e. 'single sign-on' via the Mac server. The Mac server is currently running Yosemite 10.10.2 and Server.app 3.4.1 and is an Open Directory master which means it is also acting as the KDC i.e. Kerberos server.

I have been able to get the Linux machine which by the way is running Ubuntu 12.04 server to successfully run kinit and klist to get and show a Kerberos ticket., however I cannot get it to add a host principal to the Kerkerbos system and hence cannot generate a Kerberos keytab.

I did discover that whereas originally Apple used a standard MIT based Kerberos system, they switched to using Heimdal when they released Lion and Server.app this does seem to behave differently in several areas to the MIT based software.

I have therefore since installed the Heimdal based Kerberos client software into the Linux machine instead of the MIT software but I am still stuck.

To summarise I have a Mac server + clients working fine, and I have a Linux system that can do kinit/klist and can also do standard LDAP authentication via the Open Directory master. I cannot however add the Linux server as a kerberos host and thereby 'kerberize' services on the Linux server.

Any advice much appreciated.

Posted on Apr 20, 2015 8:35 AM

There are no replies.

Kerberos request for help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.