Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Upgraded to FCP 10.2. Only Crashes - can't use it at all.

I've tried anything that I found on forums to no avail.

FCP continues to crash. Cannot find any corrupted fonts, hardware issues, preference issues, etc. Crashes prior to updating libraries, etc.

Different threads are reported as crashing on different launches. Threads 2, 3, and 4 have all been reported as crashing in the crash log.

Has anyone found a way to fix this? Have to wait for a patch?

Running 10.10.3, iMac 27" Late 2013

3.5 i7 Quad Core

24 GB RAM

GTX 780M Graphic with 4GB

iMac (27-inch, Late 2013), OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Apr 20, 2015 9:26 AM

10 replies

Apr 20, 2015 7:26 PM in response to lccaltoona

I'm having the same thing... tried uninstalling and reinstalling (thinking it had something in my existing files that was messing it up) several times, but no fix.

I'm running 10.10.3 on a 15" MacBook Pro (late 2011)

2.4 i7

16 GB RAM

AMD Radeon HD 6770M with 1024 MB

I've removed fonts, launched and created a new library, but nothing has worked... would love to hear if anyone has a fix!

May 4, 2015 4:50 AM in response to Mactigui

And update - when I was able to access the old library from the new user, and after converting library to the new version - I copied the library to an external. I found later that I was able to open that library from the external from the original user profile.

I replace the 'old' library with the updated and 'copied' version I had made from the new user account.

Everything now works fine.

A pain in the butt, but it works. The world is back at the fingertips of my main user account! Thanks for input, everyone!

Upgraded to FCP 10.2. Only Crashes - can't use it at all.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.