Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud is being a nightmare

So this is an issue! Last week my fiancé was logged out of iCloud on her iPhone. She thought nothing of it and went to put her password back in. After a few failed attempts she got suspicious since her password has been the same for the pat 8 years (AKA she was hacked). She went to do the recovery email password reset option and thought it would be sent to her gmail address. After noticing she wasn't getting any password reset emails she went to do the 2 question verification. However, she created this account 8 years ago!!!! The questions were, "Who is your childhood best friend?" (in the 8t grade you have 40 best friends.... good luck), "Who was your least favorite teacher?" (all of them? Also, did I write Mrs, Ms, or Miss?), "Who was your first teacher?" (I don't know?! God?!). What makes it worse is that you have to get 2 out of the 3 questions right! After trying this 4 times and getting locked out for EIGHT HOURS all 4 times we reverted to Apple Support who we thought would be able to help. Well Apple surely doesn't care because they ended up hanging up 3 times and were basically told "tough luck". We spoke to 9 different people and spent a total of 8 hours on the phone with support to get a password reset so we can get all of our emails back. We were told "the security is in the customers hand and there is nothing we can do." However, I have receipts from iTunes with a Name, Email address, Home Address, Phone Number, and last 4 digits of the credit card, but that wasn't prove enough... Really?!?!

I guess my Question is, is there any way around this? Is there some God like figure at Apple that we should contact to release this account back to the proper owner?! This is so frustrating that as lifetime Apple owners we have decided to move to Android if this isn't fixed because at least someone will be more sympathetic and will help us through a conundrum like this.

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 20, 2015 8:43 AM

There are no replies.

iCloud is being a nightmare

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.