Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I keep a custom letterhead on the first page in Pages 5

How do I keep a custom letterhead on the first page in pages 5. I made a custom template using text boxes and when the first page is full, the letterhead moves to the second page and disappears from the first page. How can I keep it on the first page and not moving to the second page.

hank

OS X Yosemite (10.10.3), help

Posted on Apr 20, 2015 9:45 AM

5 replies

Apr 21, 2015 1:30 AM in response to Dallmann

Hi Hank,

Text Box at the top of Page 1.

User uploaded file

Select the Text Box and

Format Panel > Arrange > Object Placement > Stay on Page

User uploaded file

That will stop it moving (flowing) with the text.

Top of Page 2

User uploaded file

Another way is to put your letterhead in the Page Header of Page 1. Insert a Section Break at the bottom of Page 1 (Click where you want the Section Break and

Menu > Insert > Section Break).

Click in Section 2, and

Document Panel > Section > Headers & Footers > untick Match previous section

User uploaded file

Page 1 with letterhead in the Page Header

User uploaded file

Page 2

User uploaded file

Regards,

Ian.

Apr 21, 2015 1:34 AM in response to Dallmann

Much simpler and way more useful in Pages '09 where you simply make the first page different and you don't even have to jump through all the hoops of section masters and separate pages for subsequent pages. It generates the pages exactly as wanted with a first page letterhead followed by the appropriate follower sheets.

We have lost so much with this "upgrade" that it really questions what the objective was.

Peter

Jun 8, 2015 5:04 PM in response to Yellowbox

Thank you very much for the solution. The first one you describe seems to work fine. The second one did not for me. The header still moved to the second and did not stay on the first page. If I created one in Page Header, then it stayed on the first page and moved to the second page. I am not sure if I did something wrong in the solution.

In any event, thank you very much.

hank

How do I keep a custom letterhead on the first page in Pages 5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.