Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Some effects not working

I am trying to apply the censor effect to a clip and it doesn't have any effect on the clip. I checked and there are several effects that don't have any effect when applied to a clip. Some examples are halftone, graphic, pixelate, vignette. However others seem to work. I uninstalled and reinstalled FCP but the effects still don't work. Ideas?

G5 2.0 Dual , Mac OS X (10.3.9)

Posted on Apr 20, 2015 9:04 AM

22 replies

Apr 20, 2015 10:04 AM in response to Luis Sequeira1

It is a video clip that I had that is 1280X720 mov file that I imported. I deleted FCP and all the preference files before I did the reinstall. I also did the command and option on startup.

I also imported a clip for a Panasonic HD camcorder which was 1920X1080 29.97i and started a new project and the effects don't work with that either.

Some effects not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.