Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I Phone 6 - how do I delete individual messages within a text conversation. There is no delete except for delete all.

I Phone 6 - how do I delete individual text messages within a text conversation. There is no delete except for delete all.

iPhone 6, iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 20, 2015 8:55 AM

5 replies

Apr 20, 2015 1:44 PM in response to ihelp77

Thank you but this function no longer works as you describe it above.

The trash bin used to be located in the bottom section of the screen. When I hit the "more" and select the particular text messages I wish to delete the trash bin is not visible in the bottom section. So after highlighting the particular messages there is only Delete All and Cancel at the top. Delete all will delete all the messages so I cannot save a particular message.

I Phone 6 - how do I delete individual messages within a text conversation. There is no delete except for delete all.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.