Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Media in iWeb not showing photos in Photos library

I recently upgraded to Mavericks on my iMac and am now attempting to load more photos to my iWeb website. As a result of Mavericks, my iPhoto library has been imported into the Photos library now and no longer show up in the Media panel of iWeb as they did before. All my audio, movies and widgets are still available in the panel, but no photos are found/displayed. I tried to drag and drop directly from the Photos library to my web page but the photos were not incorporated. Is there a way to connect the new Photos library to iWeb or is there an alternate way to connect these two?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.6)

Posted on Apr 20, 2015 10:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 20, 2015 1:13 PM

The iWeb app hasn't been updated in about 6 years and was dropped by Apple 3 years ago. It's just not compatible with the those features in Yosemite.

You can still use iPhoto if up previously had a version of iPhoto o 9.x or later. Go to the App Store and under Purchases find iPhoto 9.6.1 and download. That will open the iPhoto library and you'll be able to access it from within iWeb 3.0.

User uploaded file

At this stage you should consider migrating over to a website application that is supported and has all of the new features that iWeb doesn't. One that many migrated to because it is so like iWeb in it's interface and features is EverWeb.

User uploaded file

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 20, 2015 1:13 PM in response to WendaS

The iWeb app hasn't been updated in about 6 years and was dropped by Apple 3 years ago. It's just not compatible with the those features in Yosemite.

You can still use iPhoto if up previously had a version of iPhoto o 9.x or later. Go to the App Store and under Purchases find iPhoto 9.6.1 and download. That will open the iPhoto library and you'll be able to access it from within iWeb 3.0.

User uploaded file

At this stage you should consider migrating over to a website application that is supported and has all of the new features that iWeb doesn't. One that many migrated to because it is so like iWeb in it's interface and features is EverWeb.

User uploaded file

Media in iWeb not showing photos in Photos library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.