Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Instant Sleep

Hi,

My MacBook Pro has a weird issue where almost immediately after booting, it goes to sleep. More like a coma... I can't wake the computer with the keyboard or the trackpad. Nothing happens. I have to reset the system with the power button and reboot, which probably isn't good for OS X. I am stuck in this loop of reboot, then immediate sleep after the screen goes completely black. I reset the PRAM, hoping that would help. What else can I try? The Mac runs OS X 10.8.5 and is about five years old.

Thanks in advance.

Posted on Apr 20, 2015 9:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 20, 2015 11:23 AM

I have moved the MBP around, fiddled with the lid, tried different power adapter, different power cord, different outlet, but one thing I did have was the test MBP sitting on top of another. D’oh!!! My work area is kind of lacking in free space, and I am repurposing many MBPs at this time. I removed the MBP from off of the other and everything worked. Who knew that magnets were that sensitive?

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 20, 2015 11:23 AM in response to Jason Watkins

I have moved the MBP around, fiddled with the lid, tried different power adapter, different power cord, different outlet, but one thing I did have was the test MBP sitting on top of another. D’oh!!! My work area is kind of lacking in free space, and I am repurposing many MBPs at this time. I removed the MBP from off of the other and everything worked. Who knew that magnets were that sensitive?

Instant Sleep

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.