Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can no longer save a Numbers spreadsheet. Why?

I can no longer save a Numbers spreadsheet.. Why?

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Apr 20, 2015 9:41 AM

8 replies

Apr 20, 2015 3:55 PM in response to Miss Rodeo

Where are you trying to save the file?

Can you make a new Numbers file snap and save it?

Can you provide any screenshots, details, what version of Mac OS X (Is it really 10.6.8)?

What version of Numbers (Numbers 2.3?)?

What is the name of the file? I guess you are able to open the file. Is the file locked? Locate the file in the Finder then select the menu item "File > Get Info":

User uploaded file

Apr 20, 2015 3:54 PM in response to Wayne Contello

Definitely not locked and the permissions allow me to read & write. My software is OS X 10.6.8

I even did an extensive hardware check and have repaired the permissions. Numbers version came with the Mac iWork V9.0.3

Odd that I can email the file, but definitely cannot save it. Have copied information to a new file and cannot save that.

Thank you for trying to help!

Apr 20, 2015 6:19 PM in response to Miss Rodeo

Rodeo,

I received the file you emailed. Without opening the file:

User uploaded file

I can tell you that you were NEVER able to save the file. This is a Microsoft excel file (which we know because the extension is ".xls"). Numbers can open excel files then you can save the file as a Numbers file OR you can export the file back to excel using the menu item "File > Export To > Excel..."

Did you create the file in Excel? If so you can continue to edit the file in excel. If you double clicked the file and it opened in Numbers then you need to answer the question which application do you want to use (Numbers or Excel)?

I can no longer save a Numbers spreadsheet. Why?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.