Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

photopeach question

I post short slideshows using free photopeach. I post on a senior site. Those with windows have no problem, but I, and others are unable to view on an iMac, iPhone or iMac. Unable to determine the format, and if there is an app that would play their format. Something I can feel safe recommending to others.

A link to my favorites http://photopeach.com/album/105hp9u

Posted on Apr 20, 2015 10:03 AM

4 replies

Apr 20, 2015 3:30 PM in response to Jack in wv

I could view it on my Mac but not with Safari my iPad so I assumed the problem is that the service uses Flash. I used Puffin on my iPad which uses a server-side solution to let iPad users view Flash content and the slideshow ran, confirming my guess. Adobe updates Flash pretty frequently so I’d guess the Mac users who cannot view the slideshow haven’t updated Flash on their computer recently.

There’s both a regular paid version of Puffin and a Puffin light that has some restrictions so you can pass this on to your iOS using friends. (It works on iPad and iPhone)

Apr 20, 2015 4:12 PM in response to dwb

Thanks dwv "neighbor" I heard of puffin, was not sure it was safe. If I download puffin, then does the video play automatically when checked. No need to drag to their site? I have VLC on my mac, not adobe, and do not know if that is what is used, but photopeach opens and plays ok. I just tried VLC on the pad, but Photopeach still would not open.

Apr 20, 2015 4:57 PM in response to Jack in wv

VLC isn’t going to do it. Only Flash (an Adobe Internet plug-in) is going to work. When the iPad first came out almost all video and animation was done with Flash which, among other things, is battery killer. Puffin is one of a couple browsers that can display Flash animation because the animation/movie is decoded on their server and then served to the browser. It is 100% safe to use and the only way an iOS device can show Flash.

photopeach question

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.