Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Configure Network Settings - Network accounts are unavailable

Hello all,

New to the community and new to MAC in general. Basically the issue is we have a new MAC Air (Yosemite 10.10.2) that is successfully added into a Windows based domain. I have setup everything and it is working fine except for the ability to log into the MAC as a domain user while the MAC is using a Wi-Fi connection. Wired is fine, but Wi-Fi will give the "Network accounts are unavailable" error and will not let anyone except the local admin log into the machine. If you log into the machine using the local name the Wi-Fi works fine so I know the connection is working properly. I have the ability to export the settings from Windows, but it only gives me the option to save it as a .XML file which doesn't import into the MAC. I also tried saving the file as a .cer and .cin file since I found those suggestion online. Neither worked. Is there a way to convert or get this exported file from the PC to import in the MAC correctly? Or is there a file format that I can save it as so it will open. I can find others with this same "Network accounts are unavailable" issue online, but never a suggestion that actually fixes the issue for more then 20 minutes at the most or a reboot bring back the same issue. The configuration was technically built for policy on a Windows laptops so that any time someone undocks the laptop it will automatically connect to a specific wireless connection so that the user doesn't need to save passwords or keep turning Wi-Fi on or off. Works beautifully on Windows. We just cannot get it to work at all on the MAC, which is fine is there was a work around, but the problem is you have to have a hard wire every time to log into the MAC. Sort of defeats the whole purpose of being a mobile laptop if you can't even log into it. Any help or suggestions would be great. If you need more info or anything let me know. Thanks.

MacBook Air, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Apr 20, 2015 10:35 AM

There are no replies.

Configure Network Settings - Network accounts are unavailable

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.