Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Not able to get old backup from Time Capsule

Hello,

I am in same situation but scenario is little different on my end. I took complete back up of my Macbook, finished format. After that my Macbook has connection issue with current time capsule so i just performed soft reset on it. Changed username and password for wireless and hard drive. After that i was able to connect to time machine. I see previous back up but its all grayed out and i really cant access it. Time machine shows latest back up first back up all info. I am hoping my data is still there and i can recover that. Please help me with this issue. Does name and password chages anything?

Thanks in advance

Paresh.

Posted on Apr 20, 2015 11:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 21, 2015 6:57 AM

It should still work but Yosemite is known buggy for Time Machine.

Open the disk in finder.. open the backup and you should be able to locate your files.. if there is anything you need restore it from finder.

I then recommend for the time being you use Carbon Copy Cloner or one of the 3rd party backup software.

2 replies

Not able to get old backup from Time Capsule

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.