Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is logic pro 8.0 compatible with OS 10.9.5?

When I hit "play" the main window background starts to black out so no tracks can be seen. Is there an incompatibility between logic pro and 10.9.5? The logic X upgrade is $200, and I'd just as soon not spend another $200 when i am comfortable with the pro version, don't need any more features/bells/whistles, etc, and just want the app to work. Any thoughts?

iPad (3rd gen) Wi-Fi + Cellular (VZ), iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Apr 20, 2015 11:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 20, 2015 9:18 PM

Yes.. as you have found..There is a nasty graphical issue in LP8 (A large black vertical bar that prevents the proper viewing of the arrange window) when used to 10.9 or 10.10 OS X versions...

There will be no fix for it, it seems LP8 is considered EOL these days... by Apple ( EOL - End Of Line so no further updates)

Best bet, if you can.. is to revert/roll back to your pervious OS X / LP8 combination via backups... and then create a separate bootable external HD to install the newer OS X versions upon so you can use features the newer OS X's provide.. and boot to that when you wish.. so you can switch back and forth between your older OS/Logic Pro 8 combo and say, Yosemite.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 20, 2015 9:18 PM in response to j-picard

Yes.. as you have found..There is a nasty graphical issue in LP8 (A large black vertical bar that prevents the proper viewing of the arrange window) when used to 10.9 or 10.10 OS X versions...

There will be no fix for it, it seems LP8 is considered EOL these days... by Apple ( EOL - End Of Line so no further updates)

Best bet, if you can.. is to revert/roll back to your pervious OS X / LP8 combination via backups... and then create a separate bootable external HD to install the newer OS X versions upon so you can use features the newer OS X's provide.. and boot to that when you wish.. so you can switch back and forth between your older OS/Logic Pro 8 combo and say, Yosemite.

Is logic pro 8.0 compatible with OS 10.9.5?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.