Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

OS X Yosemite - where are 'Events' in Photos?

Help. How to find (old iPhoto) Events in Photos in new OS X Yosemite? I have downloaded my iPhoto library and all photos seemed to be imported; however the are not organised as they used to be in seperated Events (as they used to be in iPhoto. 😟 ). I did not orgise them in Albums, I used to use Events to organise my photos.

Could I keep a new OS, but use my old iPhoto??

thanks,

Miss JB

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Apr 20, 2015 12:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 20, 2015 1:08 PM

Your Events are converted into Albums in Photos and can be accessed via the Sidebar (See the View Menu).

Yes, you can continue to use iPhoto. However, it's no longer developed and may not run or run well on the next major version of the OS 10.11 or whatever that might be.

3 replies

Apr 20, 2015 1:38 PM in response to Miss JB

Moments in Photo are the new Events. There's a way to simulate events in Photos.

When the library was first migrated there was a folder created titled iPhoto Events and all migrated iPhoto Events are represented by an album in the folder. To open the sidebar if it's not open use the Option+Command+S key combination.

When new photos are imported into the Photos library go to the Last Import smart album, select all the photos and use the File New Album menu option or use the key combination Command+N. Name it as desired. It will appear just above the iPhoto Events folder where you can drag it into the iPhoto Events folder

When you click on the iPhoto Events folder you'll get a simulated iPhoto Events window.

The downside to the simulation is that the Album/Events can only be sorted automatically by Title. But they can be sorted manually. Ask Apple for more sorting options in Photos via https://www.apple.com/feedback/photos.html.

User uploaded file

OS X Yosemite - where are 'Events' in Photos?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.