Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a couple of songs in my library that are corrupted what can I do

I have a couple of songs in my library that are corrupted. They had worked for a few years & then all of a sudden they are skipping back to the beginning after 3 seconds or so & on another it skips through the whole song. Advice please?

iPod classic, Windows 8

Posted on Apr 20, 2015 1:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 20, 2015 1:56 PM

You've checked the song's properties in iTunes e.g. selected/highlighted one of them and done 'get-info' (control-I on a PC) and checked its start and end times ? If they look ok then you could try deleting them from the My Music part of your library and adding them back from your backup of your downloads/library (File > Add To Library) - or do you have them on your iPod or iOS device that you can copy them back from (File > Deices > Transfer Purchases) ? If you don't have them on your backup (or an a device) then after deleting them from My Music see if you can redownload them via the Purchased link under Quick Links on the right-hand side of the iTunes store homepage

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 20, 2015 1:56 PM in response to DollyB01

You've checked the song's properties in iTunes e.g. selected/highlighted one of them and done 'get-info' (control-I on a PC) and checked its start and end times ? If they look ok then you could try deleting them from the My Music part of your library and adding them back from your backup of your downloads/library (File > Add To Library) - or do you have them on your iPod or iOS device that you can copy them back from (File > Deices > Transfer Purchases) ? If you don't have them on your backup (or an a device) then after deleting them from My Music see if you can redownload them via the Purchased link under Quick Links on the right-hand side of the iTunes store homepage

I have a couple of songs in my library that are corrupted what can I do

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.