Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Redownloading TV Shows

I'm trying to redownload a TV show that I purchased a while back, but it's still counted as being in my library even though the files for the episodes are not on my computer anymore. I'm thinking that the reason this is happening is because the folder for the series as a whole is still on my computer, but I don't wanna take any chances and delete that without knowing first.

PC-OTHER, Windows 8

Posted on Apr 20, 2015 12:55 PM

6 replies

Apr 20, 2015 1:00 PM in response to BLTMunch

Do you still have the TV programme listed in the TV Shows section of your iTunes library ? If you do, then even if you no longer have the actual files on your computer iTunes will be seeing the entry listed in your library and assuming that you still have it somewhere - if you delete it from TV Shows it might then show in the Purchased link for redownloading (if it's still in the store and you haven't moved countries since buying it).

If not already doing so you should be keeping and maintaining your own backup copy of your downloads/library, the rights-holders could remove any item from the store at any time.

Apr 22, 2015 10:01 AM in response to BLTMunch

If you still have it listed in the TV Shows part of your iTunes library (where you would click on it to play it) then you won't be able to redownload it - delete it from there, and then go to the Purchased link under Quick Links on the right-hand side of the iTunes store homepage and see if it shows there in the 'not in my library' section for redownloading

Redownloading TV Shows

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.