Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Book title does not change in ibook despite functioned changes in ibook Author program

Hello, I really hope, someone could help. Last year I published an ibook in German language. Now I am working on an English version. I made a copy of the German file and started to translate it in English. All worked well in ibook Author, the book title (first page which is shown) as well. I can also see / read the book cover / tile in English which vizualisations a.s.o (in ibook Author). But when I generate the ibook file (e.g. for testing on my iPad, Mac as well) I always get the book title / whole cover (page) in German language. It seems that (only) the this cover page is an older version of my book (in German). This is crazy as the rest of the book is correct, it is just the first page (which is seen in the ibook store / shelf and - after opening the book - just a second before the first chapter opens). I have made all necessary updates in Mac and ipad, but it did not help. What can I do? I really appreciate your help. Thanks in advance and kind regards...

ibook author

Posted on Apr 20, 2015 1:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 21, 2015 10:55 AM

The problem is that you copied the book. The best practice is to create a template of your original book, and then create a new book using that template. Copying or duplicating creates a new file, but the book id remains the same, which will cause the issue you are facing.

4 replies

Apr 21, 2015 11:13 AM in response to sb0117

Hello Sb0117, Thank you so much for your answer. Now it is clear. Another question (and sorry about my questions.. I am new here... ): Do know the easiest way how to create a template from my original book and how to transfer the pages to the new one? Just Copy and paste after creating the template? OR: I am wondering if it is really necessary to do this or to "live" with my issue (as I am assume it is a lot of work)?? Thanks a lot again.

Apr 24, 2015 4:04 AM in response to VisuWest

Hello VisuWest,

Just to jump in here to help… (great advice from sb0117)

To create the Template, go up to the MENU BAR > FILE > Save as TEMPLATE

Now as you create a NEW book your template will be in the opening Template Screen.

It will then be easy to copy Chapters or sections from your original book and paste them into the new Book.

For your front cover your can Select Marquee or select all on the Title Pager (Book Cover) and copy and paste this over into your new book.

I prefer to group all the items once selected and take a note of the groups location in the Inspector Window (Metrics Tab) to make sure it is exactly the same X , Y position when you paste it back down.

I hope this helps,

Regards,

Nigel

User uploaded file

Book title does not change in ibook despite functioned changes in ibook Author program

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.