Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can it be a debit card for family share?

I cant activate my kids id. I have a debit card on file. will this not work?

iPad Mini

Posted on Apr 20, 2015 1:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 20, 2015 1:33 PM

No, for legal reasons you will need a credit card to set up child accounts - from the page that you posted from :

Before you begin, make sure that you're using a credit card as your iTunes Store and App Store payment method. To comply with child online privacy protection laws, you will use the CVV or security code from a valid credit card as part of providing your parental consent. If the card on file is a debit card or another payment method, you’ll be asked to provide a credit card before you can continue. After you create the child's Apple ID, you can change your payment method back to a debit card.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 20, 2015 1:33 PM in response to Slm9678

No, for legal reasons you will need a credit card to set up child accounts - from the page that you posted from :

Before you begin, make sure that you're using a credit card as your iTunes Store and App Store payment method. To comply with child online privacy protection laws, you will use the CVV or security code from a valid credit card as part of providing your parental consent. If the card on file is a debit card or another payment method, you’ll be asked to provide a credit card before you can continue. After you create the child's Apple ID, you can change your payment method back to a debit card.

can it be a debit card for family share?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.