Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos and iweb

Hello

I use iweb for my website and with the migration from Iphoto to Photos, i can't acces anymore to my pictures in Photos in Iweb !!! Do you have a good idea to integrate Photos in Iweb.

Thanks for your help

Best regards

Denis

iPad, Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Apr 20, 2015 1:35 PM

7 replies

Apr 27, 2015 7:54 PM in response to Wyodor

Hi Wyodor,

I must warn you I am new in the Mac world... just bought a new Macbook Pro and it already came with Yosemite which I upgraded last week to 10.10.3; it originally came with Photos instead of iPhoto.

Now, I installed iPhoto because I heard it is actually better than Photos, but iPhoto will not work with the new OS, and no upgrades are available from Apple. Since iWeb needs a library to take the photos from and neither Photos nor iPhotos library are available, how can I use my pictures in iWeb?

Thank you in advance.

A (very disappointed) new Yosemite 10.10.3 user

Apr 28, 2015 4:23 PM in response to Wyodor

Thank you for at the advice. I was trying to drag and drop pics from Photos and it can not be done... I had to copy the files to the desktop and, once there, it is possible to drop them in the iWeb page.

BTW, I know I should not expect older software to work with new OS... It is just that I fell in love with Mac when I saw the software their and capabilities to edit photos, video and do other stuff, but with the new OS and the new software many things can not be done. For example, Aperture is not available anymore, neither is iWeb (I got it from other source) and it does not support many older/cool features (like drag and drop from your library), Flip4Mac does not work with the new OS (I am aware this belongs to a different topic). To make it short, it seems Apple is going backwards replacing software with new versions with less capabilities and ceasing giving original good software included with the unit, such as iWeb and Aperture. A low punch for the final user's pocket, forcing them to buy other software... but I am a newbie and this has been my first impression.

What do you think?

Apr 29, 2015 1:08 AM in response to Jorge Tuareg

Not so.

iWeb has actually been around since the first edition came out in 2006 and it started with iWeb 06, then iWeb 08 and finally iWeb 09.

It was primarily designed to go with dot Mac and then MobileMe, which were accounts that enabled you to publish websites. Unfortunately, after this things seemed to be cloud based, which is why Apple developed iCloud, but they decided not to offer web hosting, hence why both dot Mac and MobileMe disappeared and there was then no need for iWeb because iCloud does not offer web hosting and there are lots of companies out there that do offer this and as Apple are primarily a company that sells products - computers and phones etc., they decided to leave the software to other than know better, which is why it became unsupported and they do not sell it any longer and why iWeb has not been updated for the last six years.

It is time to move onto other products which are better and up-to-date. There are lots out there and Rage Software has developed EverWeb. Take a look. It is very like iWeb in look and feel and you can do lots more things from inside the application, that you could not do in iWeb.

As far as Flip For Mac goes, you may just have to wait a while whilst Flip catches up with the new OS and it will become compatible eventually. Things just need time to catch up.

You have come to Macs late, so it is time to move on from iWeb and use other software that is supported and will work. There is plenty of it out there and you just have to look around and take a look at EverWeb - I have provided a link for you.

Photos and iweb

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.