Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad 2 not recognized on iTunes

This evening I had problems starting apps as the memory was full. I plugged the iPad into the PC and started iTunes. All looked good and 'normal' so I started to delete some of the kids game apps.

A message then came up to update the iPad iOS software. When I selected that it said the iTunes software needed updating so I selected that too. After about ten minutes of file downloads it then showed error 3004. I followed all instructions given by Apple. One helpful Apple message sends to the iPad but the iPad is now stuck on the black screen with the blue iTunes connect logo.

iTunes doesn't see the device, even when asking for a reboot. I tried a system reset to yesterday but that failed too.

Any one know a way of getting the iPad to get off the blue iTunes connect screen without smashing the thing?

iPhone 4S, iOS 5

Posted on Apr 20, 2015 2:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 24, 2015 1:26 PM

Hi there Matthew,

It sounds like your iPad is in recovery mode and it isn’t recognized by iTunes, also this all started after attempting to update iTunes on your PC and iOS on the iPad. Take a look at the article linked below and try the troubleshooting suggestions that it provides before attempting to restore the iPad.

iPhone, iPad, or iPod not recognized in iTunes for Windows - Apple Support

So long,

-Jason

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 24, 2015 1:26 PM in response to matthew1973

Hi there Matthew,

It sounds like your iPad is in recovery mode and it isn’t recognized by iTunes, also this all started after attempting to update iTunes on your PC and iOS on the iPad. Take a look at the article linked below and try the troubleshooting suggestions that it provides before attempting to restore the iPad.

iPhone, iPad, or iPod not recognized in iTunes for Windows - Apple Support

So long,

-Jason

Apr 24, 2015 1:25 PM in response to Jason L

Thanks for the link Jason but it still isn't working.

iTunes will identify the iPad and show the serial number but then states unable to update. I select restore and after between 3 and 15 minutes of software retrieval the message "unable to restore due to an unknown fault 3004" appears.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled iTunes, removed the firewall and tried different hard reset button pressing options but it is still stuck on the cable and blue iTunes graphics.

Can the machine be reset or is it now worthless?

Thanks,

Matt.

Apr 26, 2015 8:29 AM in response to matthew1973

Hey Matt,

From what I gather, your iPad is now recognized in iTunes but you’re unable to restore the device using iTunes because of a 3004 error. The article linked below provides information and troubleshooting tips that can help resolve issues related to the alert message that you’re seeing.

Error 3194, Error 17, or "This device isn't eligible for the requested build" - Apple Support

Cheers,

-Jason

iPad 2 not recognized on iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.